Computer Usage Policy
Bonne Terre Memorial Library has thirteen computers for public access. In order to use the computers, patrons must have a current library card and be in good standing. Usage is limited to one hour per day. Users must sign a computer usage policy. Parents of children under the age of 18 must sign the agreement in order for children to use the computers. Computer users are expected to abide by all rules and regulations of the library and the computer lab.
These rules are as follows:
- Patron must have library card in your possession to check out a computer.
- Internet Use Policy must be signed before using any computer.
- No food or drink is allowed in the library or the computer lab.
- The computers will be shut down 10 minutes before the close of business daily.
- Cell phones must be turned to silent & cell conversation taken outside.
- Parents with children accompanying them will be asked to leave if disruptive.
- One person to a computer only.
- Conversations between users should be kept to a minimum and very hushed.
- Patrons found throwing gum, spit wads, pencils, rough housing, spinning chairs etc, or otherwise acting in a manner that is not conducive to study will be asked to leave.
- If you do not have a library card and are in need of computer usage a one time visitor’s pass will be issued to you. If you plan to frequent the library a library card must be obtained for future visits.
We ask that you refrain from giving other patrons reason to complain.
Please be polite, considerate, courteous and patient.
Pages print to the large machine in the middle of the room. There is a $.25 fee for black and white copies and a $.50 fee for color copies. If you have any printing problems see a staff member for assistance. Patrons must pay for all pages printed at the time of printing not just the ones you choose to keep.
Personal games, CDs or software that must be downloaded onto our computers are not allowed. Nothing is ever to be downloaded onto a library computer at any time. You may purchase a new flash drive for $10.00 on which to save items.